Legal Requirements and Documentation
Ceremony You are on the Legal page Venues Links
  A Notice of Intended Marriage must be lodged at least one full month and not earlier than 18 months prior to the wedding. I complete this on your behalf.

When the Notice is prepared, you will need to supply me with the following:
  • Birth Certificates as proof of age and identity
  • A decree absolute or death certificate as proof that any previous marriage has been terminated
For marriages dissolved before 1975, a copy of the decree absolute can be obtained from the Supreme Court in the state where the marriage was dissolved.

A person born overseas is required to supply
  • A current birth certificate, and
  • A passport issued by a government of an overseas country, showing the date and place of the holder's birth
Both parties must be over 18 years of age.

Every marriage requires two witnesses who sign the marriage documents after the ceremony. They can be related to you but both must be 18 years or over.